Welcome to the Templater, delivered by BRE. This tool is part of the BRE Digital ecosystem providing a free to list opportunity for manufacturers and a free to access for Designers, Constructors, Owners, Operators and Maintainers. Developed by BRE in collaboration with Activeplan this is a Tool to facilitate the implementation of BIM data standards across the asset lifecycle. The Templater tool holds data templates that can be associated with any aspect of the built environment to deliver standardised attributes or parameters that can be mapped to terms for human understanding; CAD or BIM software; or database technologies. The fundamental content provided is based upon the ISO 16739 data model standards using the buildingSMART IFC 4 implementation and maps the links between real world objects and IFC 4 Types This includes their associated property sets, quantity sets and attributes.
The Templater tool has been developed by Activeplan and BRE to provide a strict rigour to data standards delivery and includes a hierarchy for Lead Authorities, Relevant Authorities and Technical Authorities to undertake the delivery of structured data standards based upon the IFC framework and industry needs.
The Templater provides a free tool for Organisation to define their ownership requirements, identify the appropriate Lead, Relevant and Technical Authorities and deliver Templates based upon industry recognised standards.
The Templater provides the capability to identify data requirements against defined industry Actors and work stages in order to facilitate Level of Information within digital plans of work.
The Templater provides a standard 100 IFC base object type templates including their associated IFC sub types, Property sets and attributes as well as their links to various classification systems.
The Templater provides:
- Access to multiple template types
- Identified Industry Categories mapped to IFC Object Types
- Implementation of the buildingSMART IFC 4x schema including IFC Types, Property Sets, Quantity Sets and attributes along with measures and units types.
- A standard list of measures, unit types and enumerators
- Possibility to map templates to a selection of Classification systems including Uniclass 2015, Uniclass 2, Uniclass 1.4, Cisfb, CAWs and Omniclass.
- Export formats for Templates as either COBie SPie, Excel, Word or Json
- Ability to search using the Uniclass 2015
- Ability to search based upon the BuildingSMART Data Dictionary
- Ability to identify attribute delivery against identified CIC work Stages
- Ability to identify attribute delivery against identified industry Actors